General Terms and Conditions
When you make a request, we will send you an offer and place an optional reservation. Optional reservations remain valid until the date stated in the quote. If we receive a second application during the option period, we will ask you to decide whether you want to make the option final. Are you satisfied with the cost estimate and do you agree with our reservation and payment conditions? Then you can finalise your optional reservation by signing the offer or expressing your approval by e-mail.
All prices include VAT and are subject to price changes.
Advance and payment conditions
For meetings with a reservation value of more than € 2,500, we ask you to pay 50% of the total amount 1 month before the arrival date. We will deduct the down payment from the final invoice. If you cancel the reservation, then we down payment the deposit with the cancellation costs.
You will receive the final invoice by e-mail after the meeting. We use a payment term of 14 days for this. If we have not received the payment within 30 days, the statutory interest, pursuant to Article 6:120 of the Dutch Civil Code, will be charged on the invoice amount. All costs, both judicial and extrajudicial, are at the expense of the debtor. These costs amount to 15% of the invoice amount and at least €30.
In the event of cancellation of the entire or partial meeting, the following is payable:
– up to 3 months before the start: no costs
– up to 2 months before the start: 15% of the total reservation value
– up to 1 month before the start: 35% of the total reservation value
– up to 2 weeks before the start: 60% of the total reservation value
– up to 1 week before the start: 85% of the total reservation value
– less than 7 days before the start: 100% of the total reservation value
Changes to the number of persons:
– The final number of reserved persons forms the basis for the reservation and thus the total reservation value
– Reducing the reserved number of people free of charge is only possible once up to 14 days before the start of the meeting. This is possible up to a maximum of 10% of the final number of persons reserved.
– If more than 10% of the final number of reserved persons is cancelled, the above cancellation conditions apply.
– Changes to the number of people may affect the reserved room size and the associated equipment.
Other terms and conditions
The Uniform Conditions Horeca (UVH) apply to all other terms and conditions. You can read these here: www.khn.nl/tools/uniforme voorwaardenhoreca-nederlands. The UVH are binding for everyone who uses our services. Different terms and conditions may apply to third-party services (services hired externally by Kontakt der Kontinenten, such as audiovisual resources, guided activities and/or entertainment). Please enquire about the conditions.
We understand that you prefer not to pay cancellation fees. Therefore, we offer the possibility to use our cancellation fund. The fund contribution is 6% of the total amount of your reservation plus € 10 administration costs. Would you like more information? Then we will gladly send you the cancellation fund conditions. You can let us know if you want to make use of it up to three months before the arrival date.
We hope not, but should your organisation or participants cause damage to the buildings or inventory of Kontakt der Kontinenten during your meeting, then we will ask you to reimburse these costs to us. We are not liable for damage to or theft of the goods or means of transport of your organisation or the participants of your meeting.